Monday, June 15, 2009

Hitched 'n' Honeymoon

Fellow Rhetoricians,

Plenty has happened in the last month and a half, but I just haven't felt like blogging. Plus, I was kinda busy at some points! So, quick recap of a few things.

- The semester officially ended; had a problem student who thought he deserved a better grade -- I didn't give it to him.
- I had a rockin' bachelor party! Thanks to Emily, Collie, Grant, Brian, and everyone who came! Star Trek was awesome! Laser Tag kicked ass! Etc, etc.
- I, like, got married or something. It was pretty neat. Nothing went wrong, that I'm aware of.
- Had a rough first week of married life; death in the family. :(
- Went up North for our Honeymoon!

Okay, that's the short version for our light readers. The rest is as follows.

Married life doesn't really feel all that different. We can call each other husband and wife now, which makes us giggle a bit, but that's about it. I'm having real problems actually wearing my ring. I even lost it the freakin day after the wedding! At the gift opening, I was crumpling and throwing away wrapping paper and it came off! I didn't even notice until we were about to leave, close call! Luckily, my beautiful bride found it in the trash. Omen? Hmmm.

A week ago we left for our Honeymoon to Northern Minnesota around Lake Superior. Of course, it would have to be the coldest 4-day June streak in 58 years. We made our way up past Duluth to Beaver Bay, driving through this BLASTING ZONE!

We stayed at the Cove Point Lodge, I wouldn't recommend it. While it had a great view and nature-ish things to do (if the weather was nice), the accommodations needed work. The bed was not a Queen, it was a full. If I wanted to sleep on a full size bed, I'd stay at home! The two chairs in the room were so small and tight, I couldn't even sit in them. We had to pull one of the big chairs off the deck into the room just to sit elsewhere. The Lodge restaurant was super overpriced, not that tasty, and bad service. For shame!

The best day was probably Tuesday, the only day with little rain and some sun. We hit up a couple of State Parks (Split Rock and Gooseberry Falls) and drove down to Duluth. While at the falls I suggested we take the "Falls Loop Path" to get back up to the visitors' center, since we were already at the bottom of the falls. Well, silly me didn't know exactly where the "loop" went. Turns out it meant we had to hike over the river, up the side of the falls.

Yep, so that was dumb. My legs hurt like a bitch the next day. Hiking is not for fat dudes. After all that we took at drive down to Duluth. We only really went there because we wanted to go to the casino we spotted on the way up, but halfway there realized it was farther South than we wanted to go. Duluth is a messed up city. It's all hilly and weird, filled with crazy people, and tough to find your way around in. We ended up getting dinner at a joint by the name of Pizza Luce, which was delicious. Cheap spaghetti and some of the best chicken wings I've had in a long time! It was kind of odd that our best meals of the trip were by accident in places we didn't expect to be!

During our down time in the rain, Nicole was playing some Sims 3. I requested that she make us as Sims and that I be a Spy. Nicole obliged, but had no idea how to make me a spy. So we created our characters and gave them traits. Traits, apparently, are what determine which future jobs you'll be good at. You get 5 traits, here's what I picked (and I think I meet each of these anyway!): Genius, Computer Whiz, Brave, Great Kisser, and Good Sense of Humor. One of my lifelong goals...International Super Spy! BOOYA! My Sim kicks ass, and I don't even play the game!

I'd upload more pictures, but this thing is being a bitch. Check out my facebook album, if you like. Keep on rockin the rhetoric!

No comments:

Post a Comment