One month from today I shall become, Mr. Orator. Or, whatever the Mrs is for a Mister (to quote Wedding Crashers). Wedding plans are coming along nicely.... :) I've been planning my Bachelor Party, which is just over a week away. I'm really excited for it, it's going to be a super nerd party! Starting with seeing Star Trek, then off to play Laser Tag, followed by dinner, drinking, and chillin! I hope people actually show up for it!
Sorry I haven't posted recently, it's been a long month of National tournaments. Early April we went over to Ohio for AFA, was a fun time - Jason broke DI and ADS to Quarter-finals, which was sweet. Then the entire team (minus me) went to Missouri for NFA - Jason went to Sems in Prose and Grant took 2nd in the nation in Persuasion! Too bad I missed that. Finally, I took Grant down to Interstate Oratory in Oxford, Mississippi. Grant did a great job and ended up 5th place. He really rocked the final; but lay judges in Mississippi...well, we were below the hate line (as Grant says), so 5th was pretty good!
The traveling was kind of a bitch, I don't fit so well into tiny airplane seats. If only I had the money to fly BUSINESS CLASS!!! Yeah, those people are awesome! They get to board the plane first, bring giant bags on, and then leave first. Oh, and they're super special people; they all have to get a drink AS SOON as they step on the plane. They need it so fast, that all us normal people still loading the plane have to wait in the jetway while the attendant serves it to them. Oh, and then while we're flying, they get another drink of whatever they want and get to pick from a fine selection of brand name snacks; while us little people get water and pretzels. Another thing that grinds my gears is the little curtain that divides the two sections. It's not even a full curtain, just above the seat! Oh no, don't let my tiny, poor eyes fall upon the back of the heads of the so divinely powerful business class! Bastards.
I'll leave you with a new favorite of mine (Thanks to Zeke for turning me on to it), a great video making site, take a look:
I also made my Senior year ADS, enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment